Videos and Multimedia
My latest videos from The Eagle-Tribune.
GateHouse Media New England
Along with writing runner profiles ahead of the 2014 Boston Marathon, I came up with the idea to shoot video of the race and interview South Shore runners we had previously spoken to after the marathon to further our coverage and bring the race to life for our readers.
Interviews edited with Final Cut Pro 7 and X respectively, audio slideshow made using Audacity and Soundslides.
Interactives: The map below shows stores that had recently closed on Newbury Street in Boston as of February 2013. This map accompanied a class article about how store closings on the popular shopping street affected the neighborhood.
View Recent Store Closings in Back Bay in a larger map
The Patriot Ledger
My video work began at the Ledger in summer 2012. Since I produced web content as well as print, I was often asked to shoot video and photographs to accompany stories on the website. These videos were usually interviews, were approximately one minute long and were edited for running time.
- > In this video, a woman speaks about her Quincy home flooding. This is the only video taken on my iPhone 4s.
- > A UMass Boston student speaks about the worries caused by the University of Massachusetts tuition hike in June.
- > At a fishing trip for veterans in Quincy, three men speak about volunteering at the veterans' event.
- > A manager at Lowe's in Quincy discusses how the store helps keep employees cool during a heat wave.
- > A Quincy man speaks about who he voted for in the 2012 election and his thoughts on certain ballot referenda. (See video below).